CSCA - Join us in 2018!
Hello fellow CSCA members and communication colleagues:
We are just a little more than a week away from Oct. 9th, the submission deadline for our annual meeting in 2018. You do not want to miss our April conference at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. We have so many exciting events centered on the theme of Difference, here are a few of them:
- A preconference planned by 2nd VP Chad McBride. The topic is communication research and public audiences.
- A keynote address and opening reception on Thursday night. Watch our Facebook page for more details.
- Faculty Learning Community that will meet multiple times during the conference to discuss difficult classroom conversations.
- Master classes taught by Al Gonzalez, Dawn Braithwaite, Larry Frey, Sandra Petronio, and Deanna Fassett.
- A Make a Difference Wall facilitated by positive communication scholar Scott Myers and students from West Virginia University.
- Morning yoga with Danielle Stern.
- Parties to celebrate the first issues of the “Journal of Communication Pedagogy” and our outgoing President Blair Thompson and outgoing Executive Director Jimmie Manning.
- Scholar Conversations with Carolyn Calloway-Thomas, Jerry Feezel, Kathleen Galvin, and Tim & Deanna Sellnow.
- Our annual business luncheon where we honor award winners, including Hall of Fame recipients.
- Undergraduate Honors Conference. Watch for the submission deadline in January.
- Hundreds of papers, panels, round tables, and special sessions led by incredible members like you!
Plan now to attend April 4 for the pre-conference and April 5-7 for the rest of the conference. If you need your name in the program for travel funding, now is the time to submit. You have until Oct. 9th to send a proposal to a unit or apply for the Faculty Learning Community.
Please let the relevant unit planner or me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
Amy Aldridge Sanford
1st Vice President and Primary Conference Planner