CSCA - Call for Applications/Nominations - Journal of Communication Pedagogy, Editor
Call for Applications/Nominations
Journal of Communication Pedagogy, Editor
Officially assuming Duties in January 2019; Overseeing 2020-2022 Volumes
The Central States Communication Association (CSCA) is seeking applications/nominations for the Editor of Journal of Communication Pedagogy. The appointed Editor will issue a call and begin processing manuscripts in late 2018, officially assuming duties January 1, 2019 and overseeing volumes for 2020-2022.
Description of the Journal
Published as an annual volume, the Journal of Communication Pedagogy will offer a comprehensive approach to pedagogical issues, including scholarship of teaching and learning, curriculum development, assessment, student leaning outcomes, critical communication pedagogy, basic/introductory courses, narrative research in the instructional context, and epistemological and ontological issues related to teaching and learning.
Requirements and Responsibilities
The Editor must be a member of CSCA at the time of application/nomination and must maintain membership in the Association throughout the editorial term. The Editor must attend all CSCA conventions throughout the term. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Assembling an Editorial Board.
- Promoting submissions to the journal.
- Providing timely decisions and suitable feedback to authors.
- Assembling issues according to the publication schedule.
- Providing annual reports to the Executive Committee.
Applicants/Nominators should develop a letter addressing the following points:
- A commitment to serve if elected.
- Editorial philosophy and ability to meet editorial responsibilities.
- Projections for the journal.
Application/Nomination materials should also include:
- A current vita.
- A letter from the responsible administrator confirming institutional support.
- Names and contact information for three people who can serve as references for the applicant/nominee.
Application/Nomination materials must be received no later than September 1, 2018. Pre-interviews with applicants/nominees and select members of the Executive Committee may occur via telephone or Skype. Finalists for the position will interview with the entire selection committee at the National Communication Association annual convention in Salt Lake City in November 2018.
Please submit application/nomination materials and send any queries to the Central States Communication Association Member at Large, Katherine Denker, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.