CSCA 2021 Convention - Sports Communication Interest Group Call for Papers and Panels
SPORTS COMMUNICATION INTEREST GROUP
Call for Papers and Panels
Central States Communication Association (CSCA)
Annual Convention-Cincinnati, Ohio
March 23-28, 2021
You are cordially invited to submit competitive papers and panel discussions for our 90th Annual Convention in Cincinnati, Ohio. Members are encouraged to reflect on the theme of Inspire. Our many roles as teachers and scholars ask a great deal from us intellectually, emotionally, and relationally. Our annual conference provides us an opportunity to pause, reflect, connect, and reconnect with each other and with what inspired us to choose these lives we lead.
Faculty, students, independent scholars, and community members are all encouraged to submit and attend the convention. Institutional and community partnerships are particularly welcome.
The purpose of the Sports Communication Interest Group is to promote the importance of sport in society, highlighting its place in communication pedagogy and scholarship. A range of topics encompassing all aspects of sports (i.e. teamwork, coaching, youth sports, pro-sports & social movements, etc.) are welcome. Some proposed topic during the previous business meeting involved the impact of Covid-19 on live fans, culture of youth sports, capstone experiences in pedagogy. We especially encourage members to address issues related to the convention theme, Inspire. All technology requests must be made at the time of submission.
When submitting Papers:
- Only completed papers will be accepted.
- Include a title and a brief abstract (required).
- Graduate students should type “STUDENT” on the upper right-hand corner of the title page.
- If the paper will be a graduate student debut, please type “DEBUT STUDENT” on the upper right-hand corner of the title page.
- To be considered a graduate student debut paper:
- the author must be a graduate student,
- the paper must have single authorship, and
- the paper must be the author’s first paper to be presented at CSCA.
When submitting Panels:
- Preference will be given to those with panelists representing multiple institutions.
- Designate a chair to introduce and facilitate the panel.
For questions about sports communication specific calls, panels, and topics, please contact Jennifer DeRouchey, 2021 Sports Communication Chair, at email@example.com.
For questions about the general call or the 2021 conference, please contact Debbie Ford, 2021 primary program planner, at DebraFord@creighton.edu.
Submissions must be received by 11:59 PM, CDT, October 9, 2020.