CSCA - Call for Proposals - Federation Prize
The Federation Prize promotes intellectual development and communication scholarship by awarding a cash prize of (up to) $5000 to selected research proposals authored by a CSCA member. If there are multiple submitters on a proposal, all authors must be CSCA members. Proposals are evaluated by a selection committee of scholars representing diverse interests in communication and various methods of inquiry. The recipient is expected to provide a presentation of the research project in a special panel at the CSCA convention the year following the award presentation.
To be considered for the Federation Prize, applicants must submit a proposal. The proposal must include the following items:
- A one-page title sheet, including the applicant's name and contact information (name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address), the title of project, and a 200-word abstract. If there are multiple submitters, please list all of their names and contact information.
- A single-spaced, three-page description of the project, including objectives, methods, a proposed timetable, qualifications of the applicant(s) to complete the project, and a rationale describing why the project merits CSCA funding.
- A one-page budget, including the amount of money requested (up to $5000) and how the money will be spent.
- A brief (two-page) curriculum vita for each applicant.
- Names and contact information of three references
The materials must be received by December 1, 2020. Please make one document file (.docx file or PDF) containing the materials outlined above and submit it via email to Dr. Steve Hunt (email@example.com). Please indicate “2021 CSCA Federation Prize Proposal” explicitly in the subject line.
The recipient of the Federation Prize is recognized at the Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon and Business Meeting. It is expected that a representative for any winning proposal attend the event to collect the prize.
Please direct any inquiries toward the chair of the 2021 Federation Prize Committee, Dr. Steve Hunt, Illinois State University, at the email address listed earlier in this call.
All applicants must consult their university grants/awards office when applying for the Federation Prize. The Central States Communication Association does not pay any overhead or administrative fees, nor can applicant salaries be listed as an expense. Any proposal including these items as part of the funding request will be disqualified.