CSCA - Call for Proposals - Federation Prize
2023 CSCA Federation Prize Call
The Federation Prize promotes intellectual development and communication scholarship by awarding a cash prize of (up to) $5000 to selected research proposals authored by a CSCA member. If there are multiple submitters on a proposal, all authors must be current CSCA members. Proposals are evaluated by a selection committee of scholars representing diverse interests in communication and various methods of inquiry. The recipient is expected to provide a presentation of the research project in a special panel at the CSCA convention the year following the award presentation.
To be considered for the Federation Prize, applicants must submit a proposal. The proposal must include the following items:
- A one-page title sheet, including the name(s) and contact information for each applicant (name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address), the title of project, and a 200-word abstract.
- A single-spaced, three-page description of the project, including objectives, methods, a proposed timetable, qualifications of the applicant(s) to complete the project, and a rationale describing why the project merits CSCA funding.
- A one-page budget, including the amount of money requested (up to $5000) with line item details of how the money will be spent.
- A brief (two-page) curriculum vita for each applicant.
- Names and contact information of three references.
The materials must be received by December 1, 2022. Please make one document file (PDF) containing the materials outlined above and submit it via email to Leah E. Bryant: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “2023 CSCA Federation Prize Proposal” explicitly in the subject line.
The recipient of the Federation Prize is recognized at the Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon and Business Meeting. It is expected that a representative for the winning proposal attend the event to collect the prize.
Please direct any inquiries to the Chair of the 2023 Federation Prize Committee, Leah E. Bryant: email@example.com.
All applicants are required to consult their university grants/awards office when applying for the Federation Prize. The Central States Communication Association pays for neither overhead or administrative fees, nor can applicant salaries be listed as an expense. Any proposal including these items as part of the funding request will not be considered for the Award.
Chair: Leah E. Bryant, DePaul University
Vice-Chair: Eddah, Mutua, Ph.D., St. Cloud State University
Seokhoon Ahn, Ph.D., Central Washington University
Jihyun Kim, Ph.D., University of Central Florida
Anjana Mudambi, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee