CSCA 2023 Convention - The Communication Education Interest Group Reminder ... Call for Papers and Panels
I hope you are planning to meet us in St. Louis.
The Communication Education Interest Group is dedicated to the advancement of the practical, pedagogical, methodological, and theoretical interests of its members. The Interest Group equally values its constituents' educational viewpoints and perspectives, which include K-12, community college, and four-year college and university educators.
We are quickly approaching the deadline for 2023 conference submissions, October 7 at 11:59 pm. If you plan on submitting, submissions should center around the theme of “Intersections, Transitions, and Silenced Voices.”. Submissions, which foreground the voices of marginalized groups and underrepresented scholars, are especially welcomed.
Papers and panels should connect their submission to the overall conference theme or specifically consider topics related to the following questions:
- How do we transition ‘public speaking’ from traditional, white-centered practices to more inclusive, reflective of actual societal culture?
- What are we doing to make our rubrics more inclusive?
- How is the intersection of cultural viewpoints impacting how we define and practice silence within our classrooms?
- What resources are available that silence students/faculty from the margins? How might we find these or create ways to access these resources/ How do we amplify these voices and utilize them to make valuable changes in our communities?
- What is the responsibility of the university in/for spaces of engagement?
We had great ideas generated and shared during the business meeting in Madison and can’t wait to see what transpires for the upcoming conference. For more information, please see the call for the interest group on the CSCA webpage.
Also, as chair of the interest group, I would like to increase our social media presence. Please make sure you join the CSCA Comm Ed Interest Group on Facebook. This tool is helpful in soliciting new voices for panels and/or research as well as ways to share ideas for possible panels at upcoming conferences. Social media handles for Instagram and/or Twitter will be posted on that page.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email me at email@example.com.
Chair Communication Education Interest Group
Program Planner for 2023 Conference