CSCA Call for Nominations: Creative Director (2023-2026)
Call for Nominations: Creative Director (2023-2026)
CSCA members are invited to submit nominations or self-nominations for Creative Director (Term: upon appointment – July 1, 2026). Nominees must hold and maintain CSCA membership, have experience using design and word processing programs, and have experience contributing to and/or managing social media platforms.
The Creative Director is responsible for designing print and digital materials for the CSCA newsletter, CSCA social media platforms (currently Facebook, Instagram, X, and YouTube), and the annual convention. The Creative Director’s duties are carried out in conjunction with paid and volunteer staff. During their term, the Creative Director will receive full financial support for annual CSCA conference travel (i.e., hotel, travel, and per diem meals).
Specific duties include:
- Developing social media strategies and tactics across social media platforms in collaboration with the Executive Director and 1st Vice President/Primary Planner.
- Curating, writing, designing, and publishing regular social media updates across CSCA’s social media platforms (currently Facebook, Instagram, X, and YouTube).
- Designing CSCA’s newsletters (three issues annually) and newsletter election supplement (one issue annually) in collaboration with the Executive Director, President, 1st Vice President, and 2nd Vice President.
- Designing banner ads for the convention program in collaboration with the Executive Director and Exhibits Hall Manager.
- Designing the layout for the convention program in collaboration with the Executive Director, 1st Vice President, and President.
- Designing and preparing certificates for yearly certificate winners from the list submitted by the Executive Director.
- Designing and preparing certificates for the President’s Undergraduate Honors Research Conference from the list submitted by the President.
- Writing and submitting regional association news updates to NCA’s Spectra representative quarterly in collaboration with the Executive Director
Please submit questions and nomination or self-nomination materials to:
Tiffany R. Wang, CSCA Executive Director
Nomination materials are due by October 15, 2023 and should include:
- A letter of application indicating willingness to serve and a statement of proposed plans for the CSCA Creative Director role
- A current curriculum vitae
- Names and email addresses of three references who could speak to the nominee’s qualifications to serve as CSCA Creative Director
- Samples of creative and/or design work